Two Days in a Row

Delve into the light and dark that is Mark
Delve into the light and dark that is Mark

Wow! For the second morning in a row, Chooey allowed me to sleep in to nearly 7:30 a.m. Thanks, Chooey!

After three tornadoes ripped through the Cornfield north of Indianapolis in the Kokomo area on Wednesday, it will be a very humid and mostly sunny day today.

Here in West Central Indiana, it was heavy rain in the early evening hours yesterday. My system definitely was feeling the pressure.

The other day, Susie, Dad’s wife, took Chooey to the vet’s to have his nails clipped and get his rabies shot. Since then, my little buddy has taken to spending most of his time either on the couch, on the computer desk or in my computer chair laying behind me.

After my writing, ‘Fess Up, Brianna, the other night and tweeting the link to CNN‘s Brianna Keilar, the post has been shared 39 times on Facebook. Also I noticed yesterday that Brianna was much more subdued with the blatant partisanship she has been displaying.

Meeting Mom at Dollar General in Shelburn today for a care package. She is sending me cookies with yummy icing as well as meals.

That’s the way it is in Mark’s Den.

And how is your Thursday going?

#ThrowBackThursday photo:

Oldest granddaughter Dylan & G (Sharon Hollifield) enjoying a family gathering about 5 years ago.
Oldest granddaughter Dylan & G (Sharon Hollifield) enjoying a family gathering about 5 years ago.

Published by


I am Mark Ivy, a born and bred Hoosier. I am father to two wonderful sons, Dave and Kev, of whom I am very proud; two terrific daughters-in-law, Anna and Hailey; three beautiful granddaughters, Dylan, Alaina and Amelia. On May 9, 2017, my lung specialist hit me with the news I had maybe six months to live if the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the damage caused by the histoplasmosis described below, ran its normal course. I am now on hospice at home. Content and ready to cross over the river to the other side. On September 2, 2014, I was diagnosed with disseminated histoplasmosis, a fungal infection, discovered by a biopsy of my larynx. The infection is fatal if left untreated. For 2 1/2 years I lived under a death sentence being misdiagnosed with a non-specific bacterial infection which left my right lung a "dried up sponge" and non-functioning. I was aggressively treated for the infection with antifungals. The treatment ended October of 2015 and fortunately did not take two years. I suffer from chronic Horton's Syndrome. The effects vary widely causing various problems. Statistically, Horton's affects only 0.1% of the population. Major depression also attacks me regularly.