Did It!

Delve into the light and dark that is Mark

Put a check mark beside yesterday’s date and declare it a success. I navigated the swirling waters to and from my appointed rounds on Tuesday returning to the safe port of Mark’s Den with little scathing.

Yes, my dear friends, my adventurous excursion out of the safety of my home to the big city 25-30 miles to the northwest for my annual urology exam and eating out with Mom and Bill was successful.

Not that there were not a few trying moments, but the fact all, but one task was completed and I am still standing is a high point in my life’s journey.

A little bumpy being wheeled across the street from Stonebrook to the barbershop, but Bill got me to the barbershop. My hair was not trimmed, but in light of the amount of hair, I was shorn. LOL

Chevy, Chance’s son and my great-nephew, traveled and ate with us yesterday. He was an added development to Tuesday’s trek.

Bill and I dropped Mom and Chevy off at Dollar Tree then drove another couple of blocks to my doctor’s appointment. The doc declared me fit for another year.

From there we made our way to Golden Corral. With Mom traversing the food bar and fixing my plate, I was able to chow down in good fashion.

Next on the agenda was getting my flu shot at the Wal-Mart pharmacy. Alas, there were no flu shots to be had! Now I will have to travel to the Sullivan Wal-Mart for my vaccination. That means another excursion.

Rain rolled through the Cornfield last night. That did not help in recuperating from running all afternoon. Today I am trying to rest up and garner the strength to join family at Leticia’s home tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, my thoughts:

For This I Am Grateful

That’s the way it is this day before Thanksgiving.

And how is your Wednesday going?

Me and my Sons: Kev and Dave – for both I am so thankful and blessed

Published by


I am Mark Ivy, a born and bred Hoosier.
I am father to two wonderful sons, Dave and Kev, of whom I am very proud;
two terrific daughters-in-law, Anna and Hailey; three beautiful granddaughters, Dylan, Alaina and Amelia.

On May 9, 2017, my lung specialist hit me with the news I had maybe six months to live if the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the damage caused by the histoplasmosis described below, ran its normal course. I am now on hospice at home. Content and ready to cross over the river to the other side.

On September 2, 2014, I was diagnosed with disseminated histoplasmosis, a fungal infection, discovered by a biopsy of my larynx.
The infection is fatal if left untreated. For 2 1/2 years I lived under a death sentence being misdiagnosed
with a non-specific bacterial infection which left my right lung a “dried up sponge” and non-functioning.
I was aggressively treated for the infection with antifungals.
The treatment ended October of 2015 and fortunately did not take two years.

I suffer from chronic Horton’s Syndrome. The effects vary widely causing various problems.
Statistically, Horton’s affects only 0.1% of the population. Major depression also attacks me regularly.